Three-semester course exploring a variety of topics in digital film production.
This course allows students to explore their creativity through the medium of motion pictures. Students conceive, write, plan, shoot, edit and master their own short films. Films can be narratives, documentaries, commercials, or music videos. Students use professional equipment in all phases of production and are able to showcase their work at our own film festival at the end of the year as well as other local, student film festivals. Students are also exposed to basic film history and theory as well as cinematographic and editing techniques. Students are also able to receive 5 hours of English credit in screenwriting.
What does Digital Film offer?
- Real world expectations in film/video production.
- The ability to tap into each student’s creativity.
- Students will learn to watch movies and television with a critical eye and be exposed to film genres from varying linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
- Develop a sense of cinematic literacy and have those skills transfer to varying career fields and academic classes.
- Have their work viewed and critiqued by professional, award winning filmmakers.
Benefits of the Digital Film class at C E C:
- Students explore their interest in varying aspects of film/video careers.
- Students are able to shoot their own films much sooner than other traditional film training programs.
Possible career choices in Multimedia Graphic Design include:
- video editor
- sound recording
- sound mixing
“In this class, students are able to deepen their understanding of one of the world’s most powerful media – film. They are able to develop an original idea from a written script, to the production shoot, all the way through the editing room. Watching this happen every day is extremely rewarding.”
Credits Per Semester: 15 Elective, with 5 credit English option
Coming in Fall 2013
Course Certifications Available:
For additional Information:
Contact Mr. Dominguez at: 720.423-6609 or Alan_Dominguez@dpsk12.org
Talk to your Counselor or call Dan DePinto, CEC counselor at 720-423-6681 to enroll.