Career and Technical Education (CTE) Month Essay Contest
How are you doing something real in your career classes? Let’s share the good news throughout the school and our community.
Submit an essay to celebrate CTE month and all of the great things YOU are doing at CEC.
- The Essay Contest begins February 4th and runs through March 1st. All submissions are due by 2:45pm on the final day (3/1/13). Turn your essays in to Ms. Julie Cruz in the main office or in Room 103B.
- Essays should be 750 words or less
- Winners will be announced on March 22nd at the beginning of REPP
- Five winners will be chosen
- 2 full-time students (any grade level)
- 2 shared population students (any grade level)
- 1 senior specific winner
- Each winner will receive $100
- Winning essays will be posted on the CEC website and winners will be highlighted on posters hung throughout CEC and other DPS high schools
- How have you benefitted (or expect to benefit) from your participation in career classes?
- How are you doing something real at CEC?
- What is the importance of career education?
Your essay should include examples of how your career class connects to our CEC school mission:
The mission of the Career Education Center Middle College is
to ensure our students make successful life choices by supporting
and guiding them in real world college and career experiences.