Health Sciences Technology
High School Juniors and Seniors only
- Fall semester:
Foundational basics of C.N.A. role and medical terminology, CPR, First Aid, body systems
- Spring semester: Continuation from first semester with emphasis of Nurse Aide Certification process
Medical Careers explored through body systems, medical terminology, Basic First Aid, CPR with emphasis of Nurse Assistant skills and knowledge for certification and work in health care settings.
What does Health Sciences Technology offer?
- 70 hours of direct hands-on patient care in a hospital or other medical facility
- In-depth knowledge of the human body, diseases, health and healthcare
- Team work, closeness, self-discovery, healthcare professional behavior and opportunities
Benefits of the Intro to Medical Careers class at C E C:
- Upon completion, student is eligible to take the C.N.A. test to enter healthcare field for good money, further advancement opportunities and experiences.
CTE Career Choices in Health Sciences Technology include:
- C.N.A. (Certified Nurse Assistant)
- Home health aide
- Nursing and all medical careers
“This is the perfect dream-come-true program for students who want to challenge themselves to be the best medical provider of healthcare person they can imagine.”
Credits Per Semester: 5 Oral Communication, 5 Anatomy/Physiology, 5 Elective
Concurrent enrollment through CCD
- HPR 178- Medical Terminology: 2 credit hours
- HPR 102- First Aid: .5 credit hour
Course Certifications Available:
- First Aid Certification
- CPR for Healthcare Provider
- State Nursing Board
- Approved completion of Nurse Aide program for eligibility of Certified Nurse Assistant test is legally eligible
For additional Information:
Contact Ms. Freund at: 720.423.6630 or Lynda_Freund@dpsk12.org
Talk to your Counselor or call Dan DePinto, CEC counselor at 720-423-6681 to enroll.